I had recently discovered the Polished Pretties South Africa Facebook group and all the amazingly talented ladies who roam around there. It is a little corner on the internet where they share tips and tricks and post pics of unbelievable nail art (which they do themselves!)
Needless to say, I am inspired!
So theres a weekly nail art challenge, which consists of 2 challenges.
Following the prompts, you do your nails and then share your pics on the group and each others blogs. I likey!
So this weeks 1st challenge is Sugar Spun.
I’m not going to front about it – I had no idea what sugar spun nails were!
Until I Googled it
Ahh Google my good friend.
I followed the instructions I found online, which were to:
1. Coat your nails with your base coat
2. Decide on your sugar spun colour and throw a bit of the nail polish onto a flat surface
3. Allow it to thicken (you can play with it a bit to help it gain some texture)
4. The polish should be getting a bit stringy by now
5. In a “pulling” or “sweeping” motion, pull the stringy polish over your nails
This is the desired effect:
This is my result:
My bottom coat is the Essence 115 Redvolution and the top sugar spun coat is Essence 186 I <3 My Blue Jeans. I topped it with the Essence gel look top coat.
I am not thrilled with how it came out, but for a first try, Im feeling alriiiiight about it.
Keen to try it again though!
Some of the other PPSA bloggers:PPSA Nail Challenge Week 2 – 1. Sugar spun